There’s no need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to life hacks. Sometimes, the best tips and tricks are the ones that have been around for a while. That’s why I was excited to see a recent Reddit thread highlighting some of the best everyday life hacks. These hacks are simple, but they can make a big difference in your day-to-day life.
1. Store natural peanut butter upside down. This hack keeps the peanut butter from separating and makes it easier to stir.
2. One of my favorite hacks is something that you can do if you put something down temporarily. If you’re worried about forgetting where you’ve put something, just say it out loud. For example, “I’ve put my phone on the dresser.” This simple trick has helped me a lot, and it’s so easy to remember.
3. Buy anything you need for the kitchen — plates, glasses, pans — from a kitchen supply store.
One of my favorite hacks is buying anything I need for the kitchen — plates, glasses, pans — from a kitchen supply store. This hack has saved me so much time and money over the years. Not to mention, it’s always nice to have matching dishes!
4. If you have a spare minute at home, always take a few seconds to just pet your dog or cat and really appreciate them.
If you have a spare minute at home, always take a few seconds to just pet your dog or cat and really appreciate them. It’s a great way to de-stress and it will make them happy too.
5. If you have trouble making a decision, flip a coin. While you’re waiting to get the result, your mind automatically starts to wish for what it wants. This can help you to make a more informed decision.
6. If you’re feeling stressed, try putting lavender oil on your pillow before bed. The scent of lavender is known to be relaxing, so this hack can help you to get a good night’s sleep.
7. Do you always forget your grocery list at home? Save yourself some time and stress by keeping a running list on your phone. That way, you’ll always have it with you when you need it.
8. If you want to wear something white or light in color, but you’re worried about getting it dirty, try wearing underwear that matches the color of your skin. This way, if your underwear shows through, it won’t be as noticeable.
9. If you sit for several hours a day, find a simple routine to stretch out your hips and chest. This will help to improve your posture and alleviate some of the tension that can build up in your body from sitting in the same position for too long.
10. When you’re feeling overwhelmed, take a few deep breaths and count to ten. This will help to clear your head and give you a moment to calm down.
11. If you’re looking for the most reliable information on Amazon items, read the three- and four-star reviews. These are usually written by people who have actually used the product and can give you a more accurate idea of what it’s really like.
12. If you’re trying to be more productive, set a timer for 25 minutes and work on one task until the timer goes off. Then, take a five-minute break before starting the next task. This method is known as the Pomodoro Technique and it can help you to get more done in less time.
13. Brush your teeth more thoroughly before bed after you are done eating and drinking for the day. This will help to remove any lingering food particles and bacteria from your teeth and gums.
14. If you’re looking for a simple way to be happier, try this: each day, think of three things that you’re grateful for. It doesn’t matter what they are, just take a moment to appreciate the good things in your life. This exercise can help to shift your focus from negative thoughts to positive ones.
15. If you’re moving into a new house or apartment, always set up your bedroom first — and make the bed. This will give you a sense of calm and order in the midst of all the chaos.
These are just a few of the many great life hacks that people shared in the Reddit thread. Head on over to read the rest — and share your own favorites. I’m always looking for new ways to make my life easier, so I’m taking notes! When it comes to life hacks, there’s no such thing as too many. So keep them coming!
What are some of your favorite everyday life hacks? Share them in the comments below! Thanks for reading!