Pets

How to Make Balanced Raw Dog Food at Home

Published

on

Making your own raw dog food is a great way to ensure that your pup gets the best possible nutrition. Not only can you customize the recipes to include your dog’s favorite ingredients, but you also know exactly what is going in to their food. In this article, we will discuss the basics of creating a balanced raw diet for your pooch, as well as provide some recipes to get you started!

Beef & Chicken Neck Dog Food Recipe:

This recipe is a great starting point for creating your own raw dog food recipes. Remember to include a variety of meat, bones, organ meats and produce in your pup’s diet for the best possible nutrition!

Ingredients:

– ¾ pound beef or chicken necks

– ½ cup diced carrots

– ½ cup diced celery

– ¼ cup diced green beans

– ¼ cup chopped liver

– ½ teaspoon ground turmeric

– ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves

– A pinch of sea salt

Instructions:

In a food processor, grind the necks until they are broken down into small pieces. Add the carrots, celery, green beans, liver, turmeric, oregano and salt and pulse until everything is finely chopped. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 48 hours.

Pork & Fish Dog Food Recipe:

This Pork & Fish Dog Food Recipe is perfect for dogs who love the taste of pork and fish. The recipe is packed with protein and healthy fats, as well as vitamins and minerals from the fruits and vegetables. You can tailor the recipe to your dog’s individual nutritional needs by adding or removing certain ingredients, or by changing the proportions of meat, organs, and produce.

Ingredients:

– Pork loin, ground

– Fish fillets (try salmon, whitefish, or tilapia), ground

– Pork liver, chopped

– Raw fruits and vegetables (such as carrots, apples, broccoli, sweet potatoes)

– Supplements as needed (vitamins, minerals)

Instructions:

Combine the ground pork, fish fillets, and pork liver in a large bowl. Mix in the raw fruits and vegetables of your choice. Add supplements as needed to ensure a balanced diet. Serve fresh or freeze for later!

Rabbit, Chicken & Beef Dog Food Recipe:

Ingredients:

– Rabbit (or chicken)

– Beef

– Bones

– Organ meats (optional)

– Produce (vegetables and fruits)

Instructions:

To make this recipe, you will need to start with raw meat, bones, and organs. If you are using chicken, you can use the whole bird or just chicken breasts. For the beef, you will want to use a lean cut such as flank steak.

Next, chop the meat into small pieces that are easy for your dog to eat. If you are using bones, make sure to remove any sharp edges. You can then add in chopped vegetables and fruits if desired.

Once everything is chopped and mixed together, it’s time to feed your pup! Serve this recipe as is or mix it with kibble for a complete and balanced meal.

Raw Boneless Beef & Egg Dog Food Recipe:

This recipe is a great source of protein and nutrients for your dog. The beef provides essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals, while the eggs add additional protein and fat. The vegetables add fiber and essential vitamins and minerals, while the bone meal powder provides calcium and phosphorus.

Ingredients:

– One pound of boneless beef

– Two eggs

– One cup of vegetables (chopped)

– One teaspoon of bone meal powder

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl or container, cover, and refrigerate for at least two hours. Serve chilled or frozen.

This recipe can be served as is, or you can add additional ingredients such as cooked rice, ground flaxseed, or kelp powder for even more nutrition. Just be sure to keep the ratio of meat to vegetables the same. Raw diets should consist of at least 80% meat, with the remaining 20% coming from vegetables and other add-ins.

Raw Boneless Turkey & Egg Dog Food Recipe:

This recipe is a great source of protein and essential nutrients for your pup, and can be easily customized to include their favorite vegetables. For a more complete meal, you can also add some cooked brown rice or oatmeal. Just make sure not to add too much, as grains are not a necessary part of a dog’s diet.

Ingredients:

– Raw boneless turkey (make sure it is ground or finely chopped)

– Raw eggs

– Vegetables of your choice (we recommend carrots, green beans, and broccoli)

Instructions:

In a bowl, mix together all ingredients until evenly combined. You can either feed this to your dog as-is, or form it into patties and freeze for later use. If you choose to freeze the patties, make sure to thaw completely before feeding to your dog.

We hope you enjoyed this quick guide on making raw dog food at home. For more information on creating a raw diet for your furry friend, be sure to check out our other blog posts or contact a holistic veterinarian. Happy cooking!